Notes for the course "Intro to Human Language" 2013/2014
- Slides in PDF format
- Course slides (updated on 7/11/2013, with corrections and
a few additions) are in these
notes (in a single PDF file, 2 slides X sheet -- updates to the
point covered in class).
Keep in mind that not all the topics present in these slides have been
covered in class, and vice-versa.
- The text suggested to prepare for the exam is: ``An Introduction to
Language'' (9th Edition) (2008) Rodman, Hyams, Fromkin. (earlier
editions are also fine, and quite cheaper). You can skip Part 4, not
covered in the course.
- The written exams will take place on January 23 and February 20,
2014, at 10. En example of a previous exam is
document (keep in mind that the course program was a bit different).
- A pre-exam practice session will be held on December 16, at 10
(preliminary date and time).
- Some notes on the results of
the January 2014 exam.